Translate

Saturday, April 28, 2012

Quilt Along # 15 Sharp Stippling



This week Leah Day broke the news…. First the bad, we have to take a break from the quilt along for  a month, ahhh, so no quilt along in the month of May… (however, I do know of some good news, in May, Leah is our challenger in the 2012 FMQ challenge)   and then she dropped a bombshell… Leah’s book will be available in JUNE… way to go Leah !

Onto the challenge ~ I was so surprised to find how difficult it was for me to master the points of Sharp Stipple.  As I spent more time practicing, I finally got the hang of it.  Woohoo ~ here is my sample …. This would be a great design for making a sunflower with the right threads and fabrics :) 

The green circle is a buttonhole so I can add this quilted page to my ring, with my other quilt along sample pages!


Another stipple design added to my quilting toolbox.   Thanks Leah ~  Godspeed, Mary

1 comment:

  1. It looks great! I have gotten behind in all my projects but hope to get back to them soon and have something to show. :)

    ReplyDelete