It has been a busy month of finishing UFO's and projects that I have been wanting to see completed. This past week I have been working with some oriental fabrics. Last week I completed an 8 foot valance and this week I finished a small wall quilt created from my sample piece I practiced my stitching on for the valance.
In this practice piece you will see some Trapunto work, the borders were added using a quilt-as-you-go method, and if you look closely you may see a dragonfly I stitched in the FMQ in the sky while I was testing out a thread color. You can't toss out such a pretty practice sample, so I made it into a small wall hanging (about 18 x 36" ) for the room where the valance is hanging. I still need to add some micro stippling around the Trapunto work on both pieces (ughhh, another UFO) - only these pieces are already hanging and I will get to the microstippling when I have nothing else to do :)
Thanks Leah, you inspire me! Looking forward to the Quilt - Alongs in June !
Update on Robin Family
In this photo my wee grandson and I have discovered that the Robins eggs have begun to hatch. Here you see a couple of the baby birds. Momma Robin has been so gracious to allow us one daily peak and photo of her babies the first few weeks living in my silk flower grapevine wreath outside my sewing studio window. This is day 13 since the first little blue egg appeared in the nest. Looks like one or maybe two more eggs have yet to hatch.
Not a bad photo for this Mimi while I hold my little grandson, haha ~