Translate

Thursday, April 30, 2015

2015 FMQC April Pillow

2015 April Pillow Challenge
 
 
All month I have been thinking about this FMQ Pattern by Christina Cameli called Peas in a Pod.   Every time I looked at the pattern I kept thinking fish bubbles, hmmm, wonder if my two little grandsons have anything to do with that  thinking :)
 
 
Anyway, the search was on for a snippet of fish fabric; and so happy to have found this one in my stash, it is almost like a satin/poly that washes well, which is important as I am using this months challenge to make another bed pillow, and now that the granddaughters are completed earlier in the challenges this year, this pillow will be for a grandson :)   All 4 of the grandchildren are under 5 so it is nice to have a pillow for each of them at Mimi's that is just their size.
 
 
I used the fish in the fabric for inspiration to design some fish in FMQ within the quilted pattern.
 
Thank you Christina, and Thank you Quilt Shop Gal, I am grateful for the monthly challenge that keeps me focusing on improving my skills, as life can get pretty busy and easy to let go of the fun stuff.
 
 
 
 
 
THought you might also like to see an update on last months challenge, I put a braid trim around the daisy and like it so much better.
 
Love when the camera strap makes its way into the photo :)
 


2 comments:

  1. What a cute idea for a pillow for your grandson! Love the quilting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Laura for your encouraging words. This pillow challenge has been great for updating their little pillows. I have 3 done and one more to go :)
      mary

      Delete