Translate

Thursday, December 27, 2012

2012 Free Motion Quilt Challenge December Patsy Thompson Borders

It was December 2011 when I heard about the FMQChallenge from Cindy Needham, in her newsletter! Oh, Thank you Cindy, I have learned so much and had a blast in the challenge. It was so much fun to meet up with other women, and so many of them, that LOVE working with fibre, fabrics especially, and doing Free motion quilting.  Loved all the sharing and further instruction that I recieved from other participants on the facebook page!  Not to forget all the blogging help as a few of us struggled to learned this new to us technology!  Thank you all for sharing your tips, successes and failures, along with oodles of encouragement!

The instructors were Fantastic, and they kept the assignments simple enough to complete in a month, yet particular enough to be a real challenge! Learned so many tips and tricks from every single lesson.

The participants, all you ladies, were so great to meet, and your encouragement, well, there was always someone out there willing to encourage and help and I so much appreciate all your input. And your creativity, I do believe you knocked my socks off  more than a few times with what you created :) What you would do with the lessons amazed me! I thank you for inspiring me on to trying new and different things.

Sew Cal, well, what can I say that I haven't said already. You have blessed me so much. You brought the world of FMQuilting and all these new friends from all over the world, into my hometown out in the country in New England, USA. I thank you dear one!

Godspeed, and Merry Christmas!  Here is my December Challenge...

My journal page 
 

My sampler testing out threads and colors
 
Mary Fanslau                                                    The Back

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful job Mary! What a great time we've had this year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It has been such a good challenge, getting us all to grow in our quilting. Good job on your piece this month.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You did a great job. Really looks lovely.

    SewCalGal
    www.sewcalgal.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete